Its all happening in Cape Town!
There has been a marked upswing in new commercial property developments in the Cape Town area, with many new office and industrial developments completed, and many more that have already broken ground and should be ready to take on new tenants during the course of 2019. A host of new property development in the inner city are set to change the skyline in Cape Town, and offer big business a range of new locations to call home. We have put together the top new commercial and industrial property developments for the greater Cape Town area
35 Lower Long Street, Cape Town CBD
- Type - Premium Office Development in Cape Town
- Size: 14,000 m²
- Completion: November 2019
- Property description: 35 Lower Long is bound to be a signature tower building that will invigorate Cape Town's Foreshore precinct by attracting premium tenants. Priority has been given to activating the entire street edges of Lower Long & Jetty Street with multiple entry points and a prominent double volume entrance space. The sculpted form of the building mass, the defragmentation and articulation of the corners will provide dynamic views of the building across the city, both from street level and nearby buildings. The building is characterized by a singular sculpted massing with dynamic glazed facades that extend seamlessly over the offices floors and parking levels. The glazed façade terminates above ground level to emphasize the activated street edge. The entire length of the street frontage along Lower Long & Jetty Street is enlivened by new ground level retail, multiple entry points to the office building and a prominent double volume main entrance. The sculptural form of the building provides dynamic views from across the city, both at street level and from nearby buildings.
16 on Bree
- Type: Residential and Retail
- Size - 36 Storey
- Experience the energy of the Mother City from Cape Town's tallest residential tower. Located on 16 Bree Street, this 36-storey residential project with complementary retail offers spectacular views of the mountain, sea and cityscape. 16 on Bree places residents in the heart of hip Bree Street, with its art galleries, antique shops, artisan restaurants and contemporary bars. Bree Street has become a destination in its own right - reflecting the diversity and creativity of Cape Town. Bree Street already offers regular events such as "First Thursdays", where people can frequent art galleries and eateries until late, and "Open Streets" where the road is for reserved for pedestrians. 16 on Bree offers a range of units: studio apartments from R1.9m, one bedroom units from R2.4m, two bedroom units from R3.8m and three bedroom penthouses from R10m. The penthouse apartments with four bedrooms start at R13.9m. Residents will have access to the swimming pool and recreation facilities on the 27th level and an outdoor gym. A day crèche is planned to provide for the growing number of working parents moving to the city. In keeping with the heritage grading of the HHO and Felderman buildings on the site, the development has been designed to include historical elements in the facade. Meanwhile, the street level design will reflect the urban landscape seen elsewhere on Bree Street and the double-volume colonnade along Prestwich Street will be for pedestrian access only. The heritage grading of the existing HHO and Felderman buildings on the site has dictated the design of the façade which has incorporated these heritage elements.
The Modern, Bree Street, Cape Town CBD
- Type: Commercial, Residential and Retail
- Size: 10,000 m²
- The Modern will feature a high-rise glass structure on top of a podium base, with a 'twist' to the facade, adding shape. It will offer 24 luxury apartments, a 230 room 5-star hotel, and 814 square metres of retail space. The development will also offer over 10,000 m² of premium office space. Development on a R1.5 billion skyscraper in Cape Town, dubbed 'The Modern', is expected to begin in March 2018, with a 36 month development period. Upon completion it will form part of four buildings reshaping the citiy's skyline, with several additional developments underway. According to developers, Ingenuity Property, the building will be located on the corner of Bree, Loop and Hans Strijdom Avenue, and will combine the old with a new 'post-modern' style. The building will feature a high-rise glass structure on top of a podium base, with a 'twist' to the facade, adding shape. It will offer 24 luxury apartments, a 230 room 5-star hotel, and 814 m² of retail space. The development will also offer over 10,000 m² of premium office space.
Draper on Main, Claremont Cape Town
- Size: 5,500 m²
- Completion: Early 2020
- Located on Main Road in Claremont, Draper on Main is in the heart of the financial district in the Southern suburbs, and boasts majestic views of Constantia Mountains. It is within walking distance of Virgin Active, Pick n Pay, Woolworths, Cavendish Shopping Centre and the public transport hub, provides commuters with taxi's, buses and trains. The building is in close proximity to Newlands rugby grounds and Newlands cricket fields and offers ample parking. This AAA grade building boasts glass facades and modern and durable finishes, complemented by upper terraces. With brilliant views, the building also has a double volume main entrance and atriums to the ground floor lobby. The main entrance to the building identifies the human scale and incorporates a restaurant at street level, recreating a personal street-scape. The open-plan floor plates create the flexibility to sub-divide the space to accommodate your requirements, while the green features provide attractive savings in operating costs and help to reduce your business's carbon footprint. The building offers four spacious levels of office area, together with ample basement and structured parking, excellent security.
Quarry Hill Development, Tygervalley Cape Town
- Size: 14,000 m²
- Completion: 18 Months
- The aim of this development is to create more office space in the Tyger Valley area, including the needed parking. Quarry Hill is perfectly located in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, a prime residential and business hub. The multi-level building will be a major addition to the competitive market for prime office space in the vicinity. Tyger Valley Waterfront has become the new hub of social and commercial development in Cape Town's Northern Suburbs. Quarry Hill is situated in Tyger Falls on Carl Cronje Drive, Tyger Valley. This new development offers modern corporate office units and ground floor retail showroom spaces, with good visibility onto Carl Cronje Drive.
Sable Park, Ratanga Road, Century City
- Size: 18,000 m²
- Completion: Mid 2018
- Looking for premises that are green, efficient, convenient and prestigious? Look no further than Sable Park, Century Cities latest corporate masterpiece, which incorporates new regional offices for Discovery. Outstanding contemporary design by award-winning dhk Architects celebrates a high-visibility site on Century City's Sable Road, which offers uninterrupted Table Mountain and city views. Sable Park is a rare opportunity to move your business to a precinct that's buzzing with energy, hospitality and a plethora of retail and lifestyle amenities your staff will love. Sable Park is also in easy walking distance from convenience shopping and the Canal Walk shopping centre as well as public transport with a MyCiTi bus stop right outside and both the Century City Public Transport interchange and the Century City Station close by. All these features make it in high demand with companies which have their staff's best interest in mind.
Sable corner, Ratanga Road, Century City
- Size: 7,000 m²
- Completion: Mid 2020
- Sable Corner, which will boast a spectacular all-glass façade will offer five levels of offices, with two levels of basement parking. The bottom four office floor plates will each offer 1500 sm² of prime space with the top floor of around 750 m² allowing for a potential extensive outdoor corporate entertainment patio. Construction is expected to get underway in the first quarter of 2019 with completion set for end 2020. This office forms part of the existing development currently underway along Ratanga Road in Century City
- Size: 21,000 m²
- Completion: June 2019
- Brackengate 2 is a large industrial site, cleared and ready for construction to begin. Bulk services, including the internal road network have already been installed on the site. The impressive gatehouse is nearing completion and the site is being secured with electrified perimeter fencing. The site features large, well-landscaped open public spaces and is perfect for the development of customized light industrial and manufacturing plants, warehousing, logistics and cold-storage centres, as well as a lifestyle and home improvement precinct. Brackengate 2 is a model contemporary business and light industrial office park, designed according the latest urban planning and architectural principles to achieve maximum efficiency, security and comfort. Spacious open areas, well-designed road networks and plenty of parking will make Brackengate 2 a uniquely pleasant place to work, increasing your ability to attract and retain the best staff. To ensure the peace of mind of its occupants, Brackengate 2 boasts advanced security features - including a 24-hour manned gatehouse, constantly-monitored CCTV cameras on the roads and boundaries, and electric fencing around the entire perimeter. Situated along the R300 freeway, Brackengate 2 is viewed as one of the most valuable industrial nodes in the Western Cape, and is packed with potential. The bulk services and infrastructure development on the mainland precinct are complete, and approximately 21 000sqm big-box developments are underway. In addition, we are finalising agreements to develop a new Planet Fitness facility of approximately 3 344sqm. Other projects under review include a DIY lifestyle retail centre to serve the growing group of higher LSM shoppers in the area. The unique design and layout of the park allows for diversification of space usage, which will be more convenient for the tenants and their customers.
Frazzitta Westcoast - Business Park @ Rivergate
- Phase 2: Mid 2019
- Frazzitta Business Park Westcoast continues to embody Frazzitta Property Holdings commitment to quality and functional design, and solid construction. Based in the fastest growing region on the Western Cape, Frazzitta Business Park is designed to cater for this expansion and the desire of our tenants to live, work and play in the same suburb. Phase one completed in 2017 has been fully let out. Phase two is currently under construction and the estimated date of completion is November 2018. Phase three is set to begin early 2019. The Park is a mix between Triple Grade offices and warehouse space.
Bellville Industrial Park, Bellville South, Cape Town
- 25,000 m²
- Various Phases
- Completion: Early 2019
- With industrial land in short supply in Cape Town, Bellville Industrial Park is well positioned with easy access to both the N1 and N2 freeways via the R300. The park is able to accommodate a wide range of industrial users and offers convenient access and distribution options outside the heavily congested zones such as Epping Industria and Montague Gardens. Bellville Industrial Park is located in close proximity to Stikland and Brackengate. The last vacant parcels of land on either side have recently been acquired by Growthpoint and Redefine. The 80,000m2 recently developed Mega Park complex is situated to the west of Bellville Industrial Park. Bellville Industrial Park is ideally located to service the greater Cape Town area while also taking advantage of the future expansion of Cape Town. Robert Sobukwe Road (Ex Modderdam Rd) links the Park directly with Cape Town International Airport. Being positioning alongside the R300 allows for easy access to both the N1 and N2 highways. Phase 1 comprises of 9 hectares of serviced industrial sites, ranging from 5 000m2 to 50 000m2. Architectural guidelines ensure that all the buildings in the park will have a professional and investment grade appearance.
Need to know more? Speak to our property professionals to get the latest news on what is happening in the commercial property sector in Cape Town. Our brokers focus on specific areas, and will be able to offer you expert advice on finding the right commercial property to rent, or to buy in Cape Town.
We offer the widesst assortment of commercial and industrial property to rent in Cape Town
- Cape Town CBD
- Century City
- Southern Suburbs
- Green Point
- Montague Gardens
- Epping Industria
- Airport Industria
Author: Kevin Hellyer